Events and Classes - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Stone and Glass Mosaics
Saturday, October 7, 2023, 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada) (UTC-05:00)
In the Shop
3600 Clipper Mill Road
Baltimore, MD 21211
Registration is closed - Event is full
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Description : Students will:
• learn the basics of making a mosaic, including the proper substrates and adhesives to use; applying
tessarae, grouting, cleaning
• learn how to use glass cutters and wheeled nippers to cut stained glass
• learn how to break and use tempered glass in a mosaic, including the addition of color
• discuss the possibilities of integrating stone scraps into a mosaic
• create a mosaic, using a combination of stone, tempered glass, and stained glass
• view a demonstration of the grouting process, and take grout home to apply after adhesive is dry
Students are welcome to bring their own slab scraps from home (please bring small pieces that are from the trimming of cabs, not large rough) and we will also have scraps that have been donated by members/left at the shop's trim saws.
Materials Fee: $15 This includes: 8X8” substrate, stained glass, tempered glass, glass gems, paint, glue, grout; use of brushes, tools, and other misc. items.